Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

INTERNET EXPLORER 8 INSTALLATION ISSUES

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonysingh

Technical User
Jun 1, 2010
IN
i am using avast home antivirus.last time when i was installing internet explorer 8 then window shut down suddenly in the middle of installation due to power cut.
after some time i tryed to reinstall internet explorer8 then
the massege appeared that"an error occurred while coping file msfeeds.mof
cannot copy file to destination directory.
click retry the operation or click cancle to" this massege appear in the middle of installation.
i tryed to install internet explorer 8 in safe mode with networking and
i also use "fix it" but it couldn't help me.

You mentioned your antivirus application. Have you tried disabling the antivirus during installation, and the re-enabling afterwards. It could be picking up some of the installer's activities as suspicious, and blocking or stalling them.

Also, if you have any other security defense/firewall products installed, try disabling them during the install/reinstall.

Is this on an XP/Vista/7 machine? If XP, you can try the program, RegScrubXP from MajorGeeks.com to clean up some registry entries in case that's causing the issue, or else Advanced System Care, Glary Utilities, and/or CCleaner from - note, this may not fix the issues for sure, but it's worth a try...

Another thing you could try (if possible): Use Windows System Restore to restore your system to a time just before you initially attempted to install IE8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back