Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internet Explorer 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

joesil69

MIS
Oct 12, 2004
CA
Hi,

The default timeout in IE 6 is 60 minutes, after that time I loose the response between the ASP server and the client.

I would like to know if this timeout could now be changed in IE 7 or if there any other browsers that support this?

Thank you.
joesil69

hi

Have you checked for the connectivity between the computer and the server by pinging the default gateway.

I dont think IE7 will fix the issue if you have problem with IE6 because its just going to over right the internet explorer files on the top of IE6.

First check the connectivity then we will proceed

Hi,

I do not believe its an issue with the gateway, as I also have multiple reports running on the same server.

The issue is that I have a few reports that because of the user requirements take long to generate, and the default timeout of 60 minutes is not long enough to achieve this.

When this timeout occurs, we are forced to run this in debug mode in order to generate the report since in debug there is no time restrictions.

Do you know if there are any browsers where I can set this timeout to be > 60 minutes or is there a way to keep theconnection opened and bypass the default settings in IE6?

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back