Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internet Explorer 6 SP1 application object

Status
Not open for further replies.

cderow

Technical User
Jul 13, 2001
US
I am currently trying to push out IE 6 Sp1 to my Windows 98 workstations. I am able to create an application object and have everyone see it in the application folder. When everyone double clicks the IE 6 icon in this folder, it installs, and prompts for a reboot. No problems. However, after rebooting, the previous version of IE is still installed. No sign of IE 6. I looked on Novell's sight and they mention issues with IE 4 and 5, not 6. I tried to apply these fixes to see if they work and I haven't been successful. Is there something I am missing? Thanks for any help.

Not sure off hand how to fix your problem, but I do have an idea for another way of doing it.

Download the Internet Explorer Adminstrator Kit, this will give you the ability to create a custom EI installation kit. You then can use an MSI file to distribute the app (need ZEN 3). If you just using the starterpack or ZEN 2 down, just use the IEAK to create an unattended install and distribute the executable as a force run. Brent Schmidt CNE, Network +
Senior Network Engineer
provogeek@hotmail.com
East Bay, California; USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back