Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internet Explorer 6 and Access Database Page

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlenLynam

MIS
Jul 26, 2002
Afternoon, I have a really strange one that is bugging me like crazy!! There is an internal intranet page that when the users click on a link it brings up a web page that launches an MS Access form. This page works fine for everybody except one user. On his PC it loads the title of the index.htm file and puts the text in the web page, but it doesn't load the database components, on the other PC you get a warning come up that asks you if you want to access cross domaion data you dont even get this when he hits the page, it is as though the page contains no relation to a database. I have done the following...

Fault persists wether logged in as him or admin.
Checked the settings in the 'My Computer Security Zone'
Ammended settings for the other security zones within IE
Ammended the settings in the advanced tab of IE
Cleared all cache files etc not just IE temp files, all temp files
Reinstalled IE
Installed the Access 2k runtime
Installed full on access 2k3
Tried Mozilla (but that wouldnt recognise the page on any of the pc's i tried it on :-( )
There is more but me and a few colleagues have spent a while on this now and i am circling the same ideas...

Any ideas, thanks in advance!, Glen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back