Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internet Explorer 6.0 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kully

Technical User
Jan 21, 2005
IE
I am having a problem with IE 6. When i open a new window there is around a 10 second delay for it to appear. This is a real problem for me because i am a technical helpdesk agent and a lot of the applications i use are web based. This requires me to open and close browser windows all day and my work is being affected by this. I have checked the internet options which are fine, i also deleted cookies and temp files but this was unsuccessful. There is another person who logs on to my pc with his own account but this does not affect him. Mabye its something simple but i cant fix it, Can anybody help me with this please?

In IE, Tools, Internet Options, Advanced tab
Uncheck "Enable third party browser extensions (requires restart)"

Test.

There are so many possible ActiveX controls and browser extensions that one user can install, that it makes it an apples and oranges situation to compare IE load times with another user.

I would try all of the suggestions given above, as they are all on the mark.

Hi, I've seen this issue and it was caused by the google toolbar after installing it with "Advances features".
* I still use the toolbar, most useful tool.

Please let me know if this resolve your issue.

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back