Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internet Exlorer 5 browser window freezes 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpkkk

Technical User
May 2, 2000
US
Something real weird is going on and I'd like some answers fast!! I wrote a question in another forum about downloading programs from the web and how my browser window freezes up all the time ...well it even happened when I tried to view my responses in that particular forum! It was titled Downloading Programs and im sure the word downloading has something to do with it...im not sure!! Frustrating...cos I can view other peoples answers but not my own, at least not that one particular post!! ...I go to a website to download a program, watch the screen go up, when all of a sudden the window goes blank and freezes up. I cant close the window or click on the tool bar! I can only minimize. I dont have any trouble with regular web pages...only downloading sites such as softseek.com! I tried reinstalling IE5 but that failed.... i am at my wits end trying to figure out what's wrong....id appreciate all the help I can get....thanks!<br>

The particulare problem you are having might have to deal with the settings int he browser.&nbsp;&nbsp;Go to tools and settings and make sure javascript is enabled and all other advanced options.&nbsp;&nbsp;What you also might try is to move the mouse over the link of the program that you want to download.&nbsp;&nbsp;Then &lt;b&gt;right click once&lt;/b&gt; it will bring up a little dialog box and select the option &quot;Save Target As&quot; and save it to your harddirve.&nbsp;&nbsp;That simple.<br><br>hope this helps<br><br> <p>moses<br><a href=mailto:tmoses@iname.com>tmoses@iname.com</a><br><a href= my site</a><br> "We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the<br>
Complete Works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is<br>
not true." <br>
--Robert Wilensky, University of California <br>
<br>
<br>

Try opening Task Manager and check the Applicatons tab...anything extra running?<br>Also check to see if you have compression turned on (of course it should be)in the Advanced tab on the Modems dialogue box.<br>What OS do you run?<br>In NT, the Dial-Up Networking Monitor will show you the flow/no flow.<br> <p> <br><a href=mailto: > </a><br><a href= > </a><br>

it could be your display adapter setting that cannot handle certain resolution well, due to drivers, refresh rate or screen resolution. right-click on my computer choose 'properties', 'performance', 'graphics'<br>reduce the acceleration. see if problem goes away or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back