Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internet deployment

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhargava

MIS
May 3, 2001
IN
Hi

I have created an ActiveX Component(.OCX) and then thr. Deployment and Package wizard i have created a package and then I have deployed application to my web server successfully but when i access .htm file through browser i am unable to see ActiveX component, though the .cab file is downloaded to my PC.

Kindly help me in solving the above problem.

Thanks

Yogesh

Yogesh,

It's probably a security issue of your browser. By default your browser won't initialize active-x components not marked as save for initialization.

You can mark your active-x files with the Package & deployment wizard (I believe it's the last dialog when creating an internet setup).

Still... IE won't show your active-x because it's default security level will only initialize active-x components which are digitally signed.

You can change these settings (at your own risk) under:
Tools-Internet Options. Security Tab, click Custom level and change the items under active-x controls and plug-ins to "prompt".

Now, your active-x control (but also potentially harmfull controls from other persons) will run.

Good luck!

Jordi Reineman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back