Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internet Connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

crleacock

Vendor
Nov 29, 2001
US
We've got a router that has been handling frame-relay, point-to-point connections, and a 64k internet connection. Just recently we purchased a Cisco 1720 just for a full T1 internet connection. From this router I can ping everything at the central location but I can't ping any of the remote routers. Since I'm very new at this alot of my configuring is "learn-as-you-go" and I managed to get it to the point where I can ping outside devices. However, when I telnet into the remote routers and ping the internet router I get 40% and 60% success rate while getting 100% success rate when I ping the routers that were already in place at the home office. Assuming that all I did was get a new router and hook it to the internet, how would I make the internet available to remote locations? Thanks for helping a newbie.

Chris

Have you tried Cisco ConfigMaker..... it will give you an easy way out of making custom cfg files and sending them to the router. The rest of the tweaking can be done by hand but at least you will have a first working config.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back