Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internet Connection Wizard

Status
Not open for further replies.

throft

MIS
Jan 5, 2001
US
I am working on making feature decisions for my company for the deployment of Internet Explorer 5.5. My question is this: Is it useful to install the Internet Connection Wizard? We have a LAN that people use at work off of a Token Ring system and we have some people who use both a modem and LAN access to get on the net. Right now, laptop users have to use a program that switches the connection from using a proxy server to not using one so that Internet Explorer 4.01 knows where to look for web sites. With IE5.5 I have noticed that IE can detect where the connection is coming from and knows to use the modem even when the proxy settings are still in place. I thought that it was the ICW that made this possible, but have installed without the ICW and seems to still work. What possible use would I have for installing the ICW in a corporate setting? We have home users and laptop users who would be using a modem to attach to a VPN.

Thanks!
Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back