Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internet connection using Caldera 2.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legato007

MIS
Aug 5, 2001
US
Hi,

I have Caldera 2.4 and my ethernet card is working fine but I cannot get an internet connection. Can someone help?

Hi,

I actually want to add that I am trying to connect to the internet using an ISDN cable modem, attached to another computer, that I am trying to establish a network connection with. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Hi,

It's difficult to answer this without more info. Is the Caldera box the one with the cable modem and, if so, what is the other PC running - linux /windows ? Or is it the other way round - are you trying to access, say, a windows box with internet connection from the caldera box? If this is the case and that connection is aready working you can probably use it via simple IP routing. Its also easy to share a connection on a linux box through IP masquerading using ipchains or iptables. Need more details really....

Rgds

Hi ifincham,

Thanks for responding. We have another computer running Windows ME, that connects to the Internet through a high speed connection - Sympatico - ISDN line. The linux computer does not have a modem. So - how would IP routing work? We also have a hub. Would connecting the Linux box to that work? How would we get both computers to see each other?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back