Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internet connection stopped by XP SP2 Firewall

Status
Not open for further replies.

cybermal

Technical User
Mar 14, 2004
GB
Hi all

Has anyone heard of this one.

I have Ad-Adare SE, AVG 6.0, Sydate 5.5, Spybot Removal and Spyware Blast. I currently use AOL 9.0 as on my system and have had no problems whatsoever for the last couple of weeks since instaslling all of the software.

I then installed XP SP2 on my system. After approx 10 mins IE 6.0 pages would not display saying the page could not be found as though i wasnt connected but my AOL dialer icon still showed me as connected. If i then disconnected and tried to reconnect aol would be unable to reconnect.

I un-installed all of the software and re-installed AOL but still had the problem.

As a last resort i disabled the SP2 firewall and then after that my system was ok.

Has anyone had this problem with SP2 firewall.

Mally

If I read your post properly you already use a firewall software (sydate=sygate?) then I don't see any reason for you to enable the builtin firewall.

Its usually not a good idea to run two firewalls and since your sygate firewall also stops outgoing stuff it would be the better option to keep running and disabling the SP2 one.

---
Make the best use of what is in your power, and take the rest as it happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back