Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internet Connection Sharing

Status
Not open for further replies.

drumahoe

Technical User
Nov 2, 2003
GB
I have just installed Server 2003 and have enabled Internet Sharing. The problem is that I can not access the internet from the client PC's 5 XP and 2 Win98. I have DHCP enabled and I am connecting through ISDN as we do not have broadband in our area.

Make certain there are no other DHCP or DNS servers on your local network, including your installation of Win3003.

As much as I hate ICS for its problems, it can work well

There are a lot of very subtle things that ICS does that are not appreciated if you try to manually set the clients or the HOST.

See if this article does not light a lightbulb for you, much less a chandelier:
Make certain you optomize the Win2003 server for Background Processes.

unless there is changes in 2003 that allow ics with dhcp i thought dhcp did not work with ics... i have ics with server 2000 10 clients i had to not install dhcp and then run ics as the network card for the network was asigned a ip address of 192.168.0.1 as standard then i just taged each ip address of other nic's as 192.168.0.2/3/4 etc...

but prove me wrong all you qualified tec's as i'm still on the learning phase of life................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back