Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

internet connection problem with zonealarm

Status
Not open for further replies.

persius

Technical User
Jun 21, 2007
CA
Greetings.

I am hoping that I'll be able to find an answer out here regarding a zonealarm issue I've had for a while now. Sadly, the zonealarm forum has provided nothing!

About two weeks ago, I had to reformat my HD. Up until that time, zonealarm was operating without a problem. After the reformat, I reinstalled all my programs. So far, only one program is experiencing problems. I have a game I play periodically and it requires to connect to the game server plus the web. For some reason, the game will not connect to the main server where stats are stored. I'm able to play, but no record is kept as to my score.
I've tried to troubleshoot with the following.

1. Stop zonealarm altogether.
2. Configure settings for internet access.

Once I stopped ZA, the game worked perfectly as required. Once I reactivated ZA, the problem started up again.

I'm now at a loss as to what is happening and why? I removed ZA from my PC and performed a clean install, however, the problem is still there.
If anybody can offer a solution, I would greatly appreciate any help you are able to provide.

Thank you.

Derek

you must check the box to allow the program to act as a server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back