Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internet Connection in local profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgreen1977

Technical User
Jul 17, 2002
US
I'm sure someone will have an easy answer to this question. We have twelve Win2k Pro workstations and one NT server at one location. Whenever a user signs on to a workstation, if she has never logged in there before, they get the Internet Connection Wizard when they try to use the internet. Most of the users aren't computer savy enough to setup the connection after that. How can I set it on each PC so that no matter who logs in, the internet connection will already be configured. I figure its something to do with local profiles on each machine, but am not sure. Thanks

Since you have people using different machines you should set up roaming profiles for everyone. This would eliminate that problem you are having and allow them to carry their links/documents with them.

-Volkoff007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back