Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internet Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talson

IS-IT--Management
Feb 22, 2002
US
I need some advice, we have an Intel Internet Station that we use in our office to share our dial up access. Intel has stopped making them, and I need something similar to share a DSL or Cable connection. The Intel Station was controlled through a built in web page that held all the config data, also had an external modem. It was not controlled with a computer it has its own built in op system. Please resopnd with a link or something that will help.

Thanks

Here is one maker of Broadband Routers that is pretty good:

They make a 1 port model as well if you already have a switch it can plug into that. You just enter in an IP # in a web browser and you can configure it. This also provides some firewall protection.
If you do not like my post feel free to point out your opinion or my errors.

Just take a pc and set it up with a proxy server. You should also put a firewall on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back