Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internet acess to my solaris box

Status
Not open for further replies.

nandak7

Technical User
Sep 24, 2001
US
Hi Everybody,

I have a lan with 10 machines loaded with windows millineum.i am using ISDN connectivity for internet.i have shared internet to all windows boxes through windows built in internet sharing tool.now the problem is i have sunsolaris v2.7 (intel) box to which i want to share the internet with existing setup.
i do not have dns server address,my isdn has been configured as to get the dns number automatically from isp in my windows box.so
1. i need to know whether i have to put dns entry in etc/resolv.conf file.
2. i have added ip address of windows millineum box (through which i am sharing internet) in /etc/defaultrouter
3.i have added entry in /etc/inet/netmask

The problem is i am not able to access internet in my solaris box.any help regarding this is appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
NANDA

if you are using windows internet sharing to connect your lan these machines are getting a dhcp assigned ip address, typically the addresses are in the 192.168.0.2 and up. If your sun box does not have a 192.168.0.x address it will not connect, try hardcoding the address and see if this works.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back