Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internet Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

mirasolone

IS-IT--Management
Jan 11, 2002
CA
I have a student that I want to deny access to the internet. He has access to all the student apps of which the internet is part of. How do I go about denying him access to the internet without denying him access to the other student apps.

How do you grant access? DO you use ZENworks apps? -----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"
-----------------------------------------------------

Is there any other users on that machine?
Does the student need to send external e-mail?

If the answer is no to both of those, how about just deleting the Internet gateway settings or router configuration on the computer?

Or even more simple, just remove all browsers.

Also the user has access to other computers so it would be difficult to delete internet gateways or router configuration

I know that zen work would work for me however the school board has not installed it for use by me. However that will be rectified at a later date. So right now I am using the NWADMIN any suggestions on my problem

You could always put an IRF in place so that he does not have rights to the application? -----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"
-----------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back