Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internet Access over LAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

beeblebrox

Technical User
Jun 6, 2001
CA
I am configuring a small peer-to-to peer network and once I get the internet connection issues sorted out, I will want all the PCs to point to the ADSL router(Cisco 827) to access the internet. I used the wizard for connecting to the LAN but I want to be sure that I am using the correct settings. The router will be using DHCP. Any thoughts? Pas de probleme

right click on network neighborhood and check your settings

Just put the router IP in the workstations for a gateway and the DNS server #'s in the correct places in the Connection Properties. Should do it. Every day above ground is a GOOD DAY!!!

the router is using DHCP . Wouldn't the router nned to be a static IP address . If you are using DHCP you need a machine to be setup as a DCHP server . If it is a small network a different static ip address for each P.C would be easier . The DHCP server needs the DHCP service running if you go down this track . Right click on Network neighbour hood and select properties . Each machine must have different Identification names . Double click on TCP in protocols to check the IP settings . Subnet masks must be identical as well on all TCP devices (P.C's and Router) (eg 255.255.255.0 or 255.255.0.0 )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back