Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internet access only from dedicated pc's 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

riwa

IS-IT--Management
Feb 5, 2003
NL
Hi,

On several departments there is a dedicated pc for internet. It is connected to our lan and that pc is logged on with a unique username. All these users are added to the internet user group for access through the ISA server.

I was wondering if there is a possibility to do something with the pc name because any user can log on with the internet username/password. To prevent this I was hoping something could be done with the pc name.

Anyone has a suggestion for this ?

You could solve the problem ussing "Client address sets". Configure the Internet PC with a fixed Ip address, include apropiate addresses in this "Client set" and create a new "Site and Content rule" to permit this "Client set" access the Internet.

Aah...didn't think of the ip adres.
I set this up and it works fine, thanks.

Hi,

You can set proxy on the same pc and the other not, the first will go on Internet, and the last one do not, and if you want to do this, you have to apply politics on perfils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back