Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

International telephone exchange ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

alradan1987

Technical User
Aug 20, 2015
LY
Dears,

I have always wondered how the international calls are routed. Say I am in Libya and want to call UK, I would dial 0044 followed by the number, is there an international PSTN exchange that countries connected to or is it a decentralized network?

Thanks

[peace]

as far as i know it weorks like this

you ....connected to local carrier... connected to overseas carrier...connected to local carrier ... other person

so when you make call overseas , your carrier will have an arrangemnt with a carrier that has a link to the country you are calling , major carriers may have Point of presence throughout the globe or reciprocal arragements

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Each carrier maintains their own paths to other carriers. Depending on the size of the carrier, the call may take multiple hops to get from point A to point B.

LoPath
Maintain HiPath 4000 V5 & V6, OpenScape Xpert V4, Xpressions, Contact Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back