Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

International Phone Formats

Status
Not open for further replies.

jameskdc

IS-IT--Management
May 26, 2000
US
We have several vendors and customers outside the US. How can I change the default phone formats to "no format", so that phone numbers like 011-66-53-377-889 can be entered and display correctly?

Do you own the Modifier? If not, do you at least have the "Customization Site Enable" in your registry keys? I have modified the format of PHONE 3 to mimic that format, leaving PHone 1 and 2 for the default formats.

No to both questions. I guess that means another module??

The cheapest way to get modifications is to get the site enabler. This allows someone else to write VBA code or modify things with the modifier for you, then send you the customizations. The site enabler allows you to read that new code/modifications. The modifier with VBA is like $5000 US plus enhancements and the Site enabler is $1500. Not a cheap solution though.

You're right, neither one is cheap, but I can think of a lot of reasons that we will probably need one or the other. Appreciate your input.

yep, its the old GP addage... give me more money and I'll give you core functionality.

-----------
and they wonder why they call it Great Pains!

jaz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back