Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

International Dialing Reuested by Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

redcarpetmovers

Technical User
Jun 22, 2014
US
I currently have all Intl. LD, 0, 011, 10, 411, etc. except local, domestic and toll free blocked at the C/O I also have them BARRED in the ARS. They times that some of the staff needs to make intl. calls. Being use to Nortel I am very sensitive to toll abuse and how it was hacked via the voice mail system. What would be the best way to handle this access so only some staff can use Intl dialing from certain extens. and also so if the system is hacked. I am using TeamViewer to admin into the system and only have digital 2420's on the system. I can even block specific DID numbers at the C/O level on the PRI instead of opening up every DID number.

Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!

You need to employ Authorisation codes.

Press F1 in Manager and search - Authorization Codes

ACSS - SME
General Geek

Paranoia is I a good state of mind to have in these instances, the good news is the IPO VM is not (as) prone to hacking, at least not in its default state, there are ways to compromise this with poor programming.

As HSM suggest Auth codes are the way to go if you want to restrict calls to individual people. User short-codes could be enough if you just wish to restrict to certain Extn.s (Time profiles & user rights can stop the cleaners abusing these phones :) )

Alternatively a call logger logger could be used to identify staff members who are making unauthorised calls and deal with them appropriately.

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back