Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

International dial restriction

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfcomm2k

MIS
Aug 15, 2016
US
On my phone I have COR and COS = 1. Another user has the same.

He tried dialing an international call and was restricted. I tried dialing the same call and went thru.

Help me understand how this is possible.

Maybe you're in different locations and ars analysis location 1 has 011xxx to a route with FRL equal or lower than the FRL of COR1 and location 2 to a route with FRL higher than that of COR1?

kyle555, not sure what you mean by locations, but we are both in the same PBX in the same building.

I have been reading about FRLs and still do not understand how two users with identical COR on their phones and using the SAME PBX in the SAME BUILDING and using the SAME TRUNK GROUPS can have one user restricted and the other not.

Just not understanding this. Somewhere there must be another table that says that x6348 is allowed to place this call and x7028 is NOT allowed to place the call.

Your IP network map has subnets mapped to network regions. Network regions belong to physical locations. If your IP isn't specified in the network map, you inherit the region of the thing you registered to - like procr/the CM server.

So, if 10.10.10.0/24 is in the map as region 1/location1 and 10.10.20.0/24 is not in the network map and procr is region 100/location 100, and "list ars analysis location 1" is different from 100 where 011xxx takes a different route pattern with different FRL, then that's one way you can arrive at your trouble.

So, why are you assuming I am using VOIP? I never stated that I am, and in fact I am not using VOIP.

Because it's near the end of the second decade of the twenty-first century. I don't know why your phones are acting differently, merely gave a suggestion. Maybe you should trace it.

Well then I would do a list trace station from both phones and compare the traces, the trace should tell the story of why 1 works and the other does not.Also make sure both phones are dialing the same international telephone number.

I think the assumption occurred because you didn't mention any info about your system.

Bring us a list trace station comparing the same call from both stations and someone can give a definitive answer.

All, thank you for the replies. I finally discovered what the problem was. I activated a list trace on his phone and then walked to his office to make the call. This time, the call went thru. Which then pointed to an all trunks busy condition instead of a restriction problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back