Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

International Calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayNEC

IS-IT--Management
Jun 5, 2002
US
Situation: At&T Megacom PRI
Dialing local and long distance works fine. We're stripping the 91 from the dialed string before sending it out.

International calls to Taiwan are 14 digits and work fine, I can see the string being sent out and it's stripping the 9 only. Calls to Great Britan are 15 digits and don't work. We get an operator saying it cannot be completed as dialed. I am showing all the digits going out.

Is there a limit to the total number of digits the IP office will accept in a dial string? Has anyone run across this before?

I'm in the UK and don't have any problems dialing internation.

What number are you trying to dial? Mine is: +44 (0) 1482 387xxx, so in the UK you would dial 01482 387xxx and from the US (assuming internation dialing code is 00): 00441482387xxx - some uk numbers have area codes of 02 as well as 01.

Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back