Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

International calls - shortcut? 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

nnickgm

IS-IT--Management
Jun 25, 2008
JM
I am over my head with work at the moment and cant research this myself.

My boss has just asked if I can set a digit, lets say 8 and have this digit or character replace the digits required to make a call to UK from Jamaica. Currenlty we have to dial 9 and the digits necessary to make a call from Jamaica to UK: 01144.

Is it possible to set a character and have it pass 01144?

Thanks...

What about setting him up with an abbreviated dialing list and giving him that one and a lot more.

Just my first thought.

"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
- Dwight D. Eisenhower (1890-1969), Inaugural Address, January 20, 1953

For the best response to a question, read faq690-6594

This is how you can do it. They will need to dial the feature access code to access the abbr personal list. You can change the list for them or make them do it your choice.

On the station form {see below} add a personal list to the station. Then in the switch do a "ch abbr per xxxx" (xxxx= their extension number).

Code:
change station 5xxxx                                            Page   4 of   5
                                     STATION

ABBREVIATED DIALING
     List1: personal 1         List2: group     1        List3: system

Then put in all the numbers (9 or whatever your ARS codes are first then the number) they need in there. To make a call they use the access code, in my case #1 and the entry number say number one is 01. Dial #101 and the call is gone. This amounts to dialing a 4 digit string of code for preprogrammed international calls. The list can hold up to 100 numbers depending on the version of software you are running.

Hope this helps.

"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
- Dwight D. Eisenhower (1890-1969), Inaugural Address, January 20, 1953

For the best response to a question, read faq690-6594

This wouldnt be feasible. Sounds like I would have to enter all the numbers they would dial.

This is for a call centre. The agents will have to call various UK numbers.

Were just seeing if we could shorten the amount of digits they have to enter to make a UK based call.

Currently they will have to enter 9 01144 XXX XXXX XXX

nnickgm,

the access code is just the feature access for list 1, 2 or 3 in the station form. do disp fea and you'll see your access codes at the top of page 1.

You can also just add a button to the phone, the button would dial the access code and the position number in the list leaving the user to just dial uk part of the number

Eg - List three on the station screen is the system dialling list

change abbreviated-dialing system - select one of the locations that are free eg 10 enter 901144

Add an abrv-dial button to the phone in list put 3 (= system) in DC put 10 (the location of the string 901144)

If you are using IP phones and use the system list you can automatically configure a name against the button which will be downloaded to the phone.

Here's a really easy way to do it.

Put a button on his phone called autodial. Here's how it looks on button 8 on my phone: -

8: autodial Number: 901144

Every time he presses this button, he just needs to dial the rest of the number, sorted!!!

Derek

[Started on Version 3 software 15 years a go]

Those solutions look like they will work.
I'll have to speak with my dialer provider to see how he can do something similar.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back