Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

International Calling

Status
Not open for further replies.

dp1234

Vendor
Jul 11, 2013
US
I'm using Norstar T7316 phones. I have four analog lines and a Grandstream. I am unable to make international long distance calls. I have checked the outbound routes and there is an international dialing pattern set up. Also, I AM able to make these calls with my test set when clipping directly on to the analog line. These calls were possible before, but in the last couple of weeks they have become impossible. Any ideas? The message I hear is, "Your call cannot be completed as dialed. Please check the number and re-dial your call."

Any recent changes to the grandstream gateway? is 1 stage dialing or 2 stage dialing being used ?

No changes to the Grandstream. Should I be using 1 stage or 2 stage dialing?

I configured mine for 1 stage dialing based on the guide I was following.

Not sure if this can be done but maybe someone here will know.
Is there a way to capture a call from the UCx to the Grandstream to see what digits were sent from the UCx? Then have Telco capture the call leaving the Grandstream and see what digits are leaving it.
Wouldn't that tell us which device the issue is in.

You should be able to see what number was sent to the GS Gateway in the logs. Support > System Log Files > asterisk/full
A digit grabber, dialer buddy, or the likes can be placed on the pstn line can show what is being sent to the Central Office.

You might also want to check to make sure your Auto Dialer Timer hasn't been changed to too short of a time. The default time is 3000 ms (3 seconds) which means digits are dialed if the user doesn't press a key within this amount of time. SO, if you were dialing the number and paused for any reason for 3 seconds, the system would go ahead and dial whatever you have dialed up to that point, which could result in the message you are getting.
Just a thought to consider and check....Have a blessed day!

Stocking Distributor for E-Metrotel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back