Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

International Association of Project and Program Management (IAPPM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BernardErtl

Programmer
Aug 13, 2003
US
Has anyone ever heard of this organization? They claim to be two years old and are offering CPM certifications for $400 on a website that was created last month. I'm not linking to it because I'm not sure they are legitimate.

Bernard Ertl
www.interplansystems.com - eTaskMaker project planning tool

Certainly, one should be a little suspicous.

Seems odd to only find a few references to iappm within a simple term "google" search.

Seems odd that the Network Solutions "whois" search revealed a domain registration record lacking any real direct ownership contact information.

Seemed odd that the graphics were not crisp as other professional organizations tend to make theirs.

My two cents...
dugger

My thoughts exactly. I just wanted to see if maybe they were known and credible within the IT industry.

If no one has ever heard of them before, then their claims of being 2 years old and receiving 9-12K visitors per month for a site that is 1 month old seem a bit ludicrous.

Bernard Ertl
www.interplansystems.com - eTaskMaker project planning tool

Never heard of them.

For Project Management, the generally accepted Gold Standard is the PMP from PMI.

I would ignore the IAPPM and either join PMI or take a project management certification from a university.

(In the interests of full disclosure: I have my PMP.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back