Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

internal website moved to server 2008 r2 64-bit (from 2003) but hyperlinks no longer work

Status
Not open for further replies.

scubagirl2

Technical User
Nov 7, 2008
US
We have a working internal websites that have links to PDFs (work instructions, etc.) on a Windows 2003 server. I am replacing that server with Windows 2008 R2 64-bit. We use Front Page 2003 to maintain the website. When you run the website from the 2008 server the hyperlinks don't work. The UNC path is correct on the bottom of the screen (I.e file://servername/data/shared/quality/workinstruction) but nothing happens. I don't know if this is a Front Page issue, Server 2008 issue, or what. Thank you for any help you can give.

I have no idea why this would make a difference but we changed the shortcut on the PC desktop to point to instead of The hyperlinks now work. Must be some strange Windows 7/Server 2008/unknown factor combination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back