Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internal Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cm0ney

Technical User
Nov 19, 2003
US
I need help putting my Gf 4 into my computer. But it has internal video (where the video slot id up on the same panel ans the mouse and keyboard). I've already tried putting it in, installing the drivers, uninstalling the old one's drivers and it still doesn't work. Does anyone know what to do?

Typically what you do is just put in the new card, hook up the monitor to the new card, and the motherboard is smart enough to disable the on-board video automatically.

Is this not happening?

Nope I hook it up and my screen goes black and then the LED on the front just flashes.

If it helps, the card is a GeForce MX-440 64 MB (I was runnin low on cash). Please respond.

Well, I guess the next step is to try and find some documentation on your motherboard model & see if it can support an add-in video card or not.

This is not a driver issue, so installing & uninstalling different drivers is not going to make any difference to which video card you can use.

Do you know where I can find some?

If you can figure out what make & model board you have, you should be able to find what you need on the maker's website.

This happen to me once with the same video card. Make sure the card is fully seated in the APG slot, a little off will cause problems

As the motherboard has an AGP slot - it MUST support add in cards! I would check the settings in the BIOS setup - maybe you have to disable the onboard graphics there.

Kim.

'Everybody is ignorant - only on different subjects.'
Will Rogers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back