Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internal twinning signaling second call on the secondary phone 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mani66

Technical User
May 23, 2022
DE
Hello,
I have a problem with internal twinning. If a call is active on the primary phone, another call is not signaled on the secondary phone, but only on the second line of the primary phone. Which setting must be made so that the second call is also signaled on the secondary phone?
- IPO - 11.1.3.0.0.Build23
- J169 devices
Thank you.

Noticed exactly the same behaviour just 2 days ago, tried in many ways but I had no chances to solve

As expected. By being on a call on your primary you've told the system where you are and that its pointless ringing your secondary.

If your trying use this feature to share calls between two phones for handling by two different users, use a group.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Or bridged appearance buttons on the second phone for Appearance 1 and 2 and how ever many you want to share if you have to call internally with a specific extension number.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

Make sure your twinning settings are spot on. Check call forwarding and twinning settings, and consider enabling simultaneous or parallel ringing if available.

Hello,
Thank you for your support with my problem. I have now set up 2 connections and configured the 2 Bridge Appearance buttons on each other's phone. The phone number of the main line is sent externally on both devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back