Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internal Transfer misuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben23

Technical User
Mar 10, 2005
GB
Hi all,

I was wondering whether anybody else has found a solution for that.
Within our company we use a group of so called transfer CDNs/Applications that are being used to transfer calls between the departments. i.e. 1234 Customer_Service_Transfer is used to transfer calls to Customer Service in case the caller had dialled a wrong number before.
Now, after starting to have a closer look at average handling times, agents have discovered that they could use those transfer CDNs to get rid of unwanted / complicated calls. e.g. caller hits Customer Services and has got a complicated question, then the agent says: My PC dosn't work, I'll put you through to another agent and transfers the caller to 1234 Customer_Service_Transfer.

I'm now after a solution to have those calls treated separately from normal transfers. Thought about giving busy to a transferred call that has been transferred by a telset in Customer Services, i.e. CLID = Group of CS-telsets. However neither Pos-IDs nor extensions seem to be recognized by the script, although Pos-IDs are displayed correctly to other phones when calls are being transferred from ACDsets. Would a group of agent IDs make sense?

Any idea how to filter those calls?

Thanks in advance!
Ben

I believe this is not possible in scripting, A call that enters the script brings its CLID, when transferred keeps the original CLID. Check your call by call reports you'll see the call in detail. If someone is dumping calls because they don't want to work the call, your only option is training or Termination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back