Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internal T1 Trunk to External T1 Trunk connection problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

twmeyer

MIS
Mar 31, 2003
US
I am trying to set up an internal T1 from an Option 11 to a fax server. From the fax I can dial internal 4 digit DNs fine. However I am unable to dial an external phone number. When I do a trace it shows that that only the first 4 digits are being received by the switch.

I believe the problem is either a class of service issue or that the switch thinks that the call is internal and stops accepting digits after the 4th one.

Any ideas?

NORMALLY THAT IS ALL THAT'S SENT, EITHER 3 OR 4 ALTHOUGH WHEN THERE IS A CONFLICT I'VE SEEN MORE.
FIRST YOUR GOING TO NEED TRUNK TO TRUNK ALLOW, THEN YOUR GOING TO HAVE TO SET UP A CDP TO GET TO THE T1 GOING TO THE FAX SERVER. THEN IT WILL WORK

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

I don't think I explained this very well.

I can get from the switch to the Fax Server just fine. Calling from the Fax Server to the Switch is when I loose the digits.

I think I have trunk to trunk allow. Can you tell me what to check?

IN YOUR RDB OF THE T1 GOING TO THE FAXSERVER ARE YOU INSTERTING A 9 ALSO THE NCOS OF THE TRUNKS HAVE TO BE HIGH EVEN TO DIAL LD

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

I am inserting a 9.

I've also discovered that if I dial the route access code instead of a 9 in front of the number, it works. I guess I can do that as a work around but I'd rather just dial 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back