Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internal Server Error MP Control Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

billybarty

Technical User
May 3, 2002
CA
In the component status for the Management point control manager I keep getting the following errors.

MP Control Manager detected MP is not responding to HTTP requests. The http error is Internal Server Error.

Possible cause: MP service is not started or not responding.
Solution: Manually restart the SMS Agent Host service on the MP. I have restarted and still have the problem.

Possible cause: IIS service is not responding.
Solution: Manually restart the W3SVC service on the MP.
Restarted this as well and still the same error.

Possible cause: MP encountered an error when connecting to SQL Server.
Solution: Verify MP can connect to the SQL server and has sufficient access rights to the SQL server site system. How can I check this access? The SQL database is on a different server than the MP.

Possible cause: The Default Web Site is disabled in IIS.
Solution: Verify that the Default Web Site is enabled, and functioning properly.
The default web site is enabled and I am able to run reports, does this indicate it is runnning properly?

I had that problem recently and couldn't fix it for the life of me. The only solutions I found on any forum was to rebuild the server. I ended up rebuilding the server. That fixed it.

If you rebuild the SMS server dont' you run into problems with your clients being orphaned?

I have found some posts regarding this error that indicates an account is locked out during a site reset and the MP can't connect to remote SMS systems. Our database is on a different server so I assume this is the connection issue because of the possible cause
"Possible cause: MP encountered an error when connecting to SQL Server.
Solution: Verify MP can connect to the SQL server and has sufficient access rights to the SQL server site system. How can I check this access? The SQL database is on a different server than the MP."
How can I unlock whatever account it is and check for account lockout policy? I have checked the SMS accounts in AD and none are locked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back