Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internal mail to one user is forwarderd to other recpients

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valier

IS-IT--Management
Oct 1, 2003
SE
Hi

One of my users has been away from office for a long while. During that time I somehow forwarded her email to three other recipients (or more likely, to a distribution list containing three other users). It worked fine.

Now the stray user is back, and I removed (?) all forwarding, but still all internal emails is distributed to the other three users. (And to the original recipient, too)
I can´t find the setting that controls this. The other accounts don´t have her address in any setting that I know of or can find.
All external email stays in the right mailbox and only there, no distribution there.

Where have I gone wrong?

Micke, Stockholm, Sweden (snow is expected this weekend..)

make sure that in the properties you have indeed removed the deliver to alternative recipient is turned off.

In the returning employee's outlook ensure there are no rules to forward mail.

Try deleting the Distribution list. People may be emailing it directly? Or perhaps replying to it? Have it cached in outlook?

Iain

Thanks Spirit

Yes I´m sure there is no alternate recicpient in the properties.

No rules in Outlook.

No, people are not emailing or replying to the list directly. But I might try to delete the distribution list and recreate it.

What does "cached in Outlook" mean?

Thanks again.

Where you start to type johnbl...... it automatically shows you people you have sent to with johnb in the name so like johnblogggs@you.com

Just clutching at straws.

Iain

Aha!
No, the email address appearing on the email in wrong users mailbox actually is the returned employee´s email address. So when she is addressed it really distributes to three other people too.

Somewhere something is pointing to the other mailboxes. I just can´t find it in the normal "forwarding" or "alternate recipient places".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back