Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internal mail delivery failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Compositor

Technical User
Nov 8, 2005
GB
I'm a bit of an Exchange newbee so i'm sorry if this is an obvious question.

I've setup exchange 2003 on a windows 2000 server domain (called Mayfield) and have successfully connected outlook on my client computers. The system is just being used at the moment for internal emails.

When a user sends an email, it successfully sends but is never received by the recipient. I have looked everywhere in the Exchange System Manager for a reason why this would be and the only thing I can find is in the 'Queues' section under 'Servers'. When I click on the mayfield.local SMTP queue it says 'Unable to deliver the message because the destination address was misconfigured as a mail loop' under additional queue information.

Can anyone tell me if this is why my mail won't be delivered and if so how I can fix it?

Many thanks

Many thanks for the post. I have gone through the solution but it is still not delivering anything.

I downloaded the troubleshooting tool from Microsoft and tried to run it. My problem is that it asks for a code from my Non Delivery Report. When i send a message, I don't receive a Non Delivery Report.

Does this help with identifying where the problem may be?

Triple-check your addresses and forwarders, there may be a simple reason to this as in forwarding one account to another and back.

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
[/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back