Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internal ext fwded to 2 diff outside #s?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EAdams2009

IS-IT--Management
Oct 20, 2009
US
Ip Office v9.1

I have a internal ext that I fwd out to a remote office's POTS line and it stays that way 100% of the time. With the recent stay at home measures I have to fwd it out to a cell phone 7am-4pm and their office # the rest of the time. I am doing it manually but as they come into the offices at 7am and I come in at 8am, it would be nice to have it on a Time Profile. I made a time profile for 7am-4pm Mon-Friday and forwarded the extension to a hunt group. In the hunt group I put that ext as the only member (rotary) and in the Fallback tab I put the Time Profile I made in the "Day Service Time Profile" and I made the Night Service Destination I put his cell #. The Mode I set as Out of Service. In the Out of Service Dest I put a 2nd hunt group with only the original ext in it (Rotary, st the group to Mode Night Service and put the office # in the Night Service Destination. When the ext is called 8am-4pm you get "dead air". What have I done wrong?

How are calls routed to the extension in the first place?

Maybe make a sequential hunt group with the extension number of the existing forwarded user.
Do the regular single member phantom extension forwarded to the cell phone
Apply the time profile to the hunt group, so from 7am to 4pm the group is active and calls forward to the cell.

Make another hunt group, extension number irrelevant, with a different phantom user forwarded to the office number. Make this 2nd hunt group the Night Service Destination for the 1st hunt group. Outside of the time profile, the calls go to the Fallback group and forward to the office instead of the cell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back