Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internal Error - main2_w, 257

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnonGod

IS-IT--Management
Jun 5, 2000
First, apologies if this is the wrong forum, please redirect me if necessary. :)

Trying to run an exe from a correspondence course. On my desktop it runs fine - If I copy the files to my desktop it runs fine (has 2 other folders with the .exe).

However, I just bought a new tc1100 tabletpc (I LOVE IT) and am trying to run the files from there. I copy the files over to the desktop (no cdrom drive) and I get this error starting the .exe - I image the cdrom and load it using an image loader and get the same message.

I've searched the web and see there are similar messages for this Authorware software - is why I'm posting here.
link to image:
Link to Image

Seems to work on all computers but this new one - are there runtime files I can download, any other type of debugging I can do? I really want to view these on my new laptop!

If I left anything out let me know.

Thanks in advance!
:) -Andrew

alien.gif

[Signature modified by admin request]
-TAG
anongod@hotmail.com
'Drawing on my fine command of language, I said nothing.'

wow, actually found an answer - didn't think I would.

See link and quote:

This question was answered by EvilHector, on Thursday, August 26, 2004 10:11 AM

Answer
This is a public service announcement for all of you seeking the solution to the illusive Internal Error - main2_w, 150 problem trying to launch 16 bit Authorware applications:

The nView Desktop Manager (and perhaps some other similar products) has an option to "Add nView options to system menus" - since the 16 bit application can't use Windows "system menus", it chokes when launching, with the main2_w error.

Simply uncheck the "Add nView options..." feature in the nView Desktop Manager options. You don't have to disable the entire Desktop Manager. The 16 bit Authorware app should now run normally :-D

Enjoy!

EvilHector

alien.gif

[Signature modified by admin request]
-TAG
anongod@hotmail.com
'Drawing on my fine command of language, I said nothing.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back