Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internal error 5333

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zbi

Programmer
Aug 26, 2002
US
Can anybody tell me anything about the error above? It occurs on LOCATE command.

Thank you in advance,
Zbi

From what I found out, it has to do with a NULL memory pointer or corrupted record indicator. Try packing the DBF you were trying to LOCATE into. This clean up should straighten up any record pointer problems.

packing a corrupt database can be FATAL to your data. You may lose more than you expected.

You may wish to browse your data and see what you can see before making any changes to it.

Did this error occur in some new code or an existing program? This may give you a clue as to where to begin looking.

Good luck

Circes9 is right. If the DBF itself is corrupt, ie. it can't be openned due to header problems, then packing it would cause even more problems. Fix any structure problems first.

However, if the DBF is intact and all that is wrong is a large amount of records marked as deleted, a packing would do it some good.

Thanks for your help.

Well, this happens in the new code on little database (about 200 records, no one deleted). I repeatably LOCATE records in different conditions. This error occurs after 5th - 6th run.

My suspicion is some invalid memory handling. The routine works well first 4 times, then failes. I am thinking of using another compiler version.

Straight from the Norton Guide "CA-Clipper 5.2 internal errors listing 10/03/93 Computer Associates Inc.":

(snip)

5333 Misuse of VM System

This error occurs when there is a misuse of the virtual memory system
by either an internal or external (third-party) subsystem.

The following suggestions may eliminate the problem:

Check to see if the user is assigning an incorrect data type to a
IAMBS or GET instance variable. This is a known cause for this
error.

If the user is using any third-party libraries, see if the error
still occurs without the library.

If the user is using a third-party linker, see if the problem occurs
with .RTlink.
(/snip)

HTH, TonHu

HI

THERE IS NO SOLUTION, FOR ERROR 5333, BUT IT IS SOMTHING RELATED VM. MAY UR DBF IS CORRUPT OR MAY BE HUGE.

ALOK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back