Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internal Error 2735 : CallPostInstall - Arcserve 2000 Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electro

Technical User
Jul 14, 2000
CA
Has anyone seen this error message when attempting to install Arcserve 2000 Advanced Edition?

We are running Windows 2000 SP1 and 1 or 2 hotfixes. We also had previously installed Arcserve Enterprise 6.61 but I have since removed it and all the files / folders / registry entries and tried to reinstall Arcserve 200 AE but get the same error message.

HELP!

Darryl Brambilla
EDS Canada
darryl.brambilla@eds.com - Work Email

Hi there

this issue is know to CA support.
The problem is only with foreign windows 2000 versions.
The Install of ARCserve 2000 hangs at the end. Just stop any open tasks and kill a freezed arcserve install task so your desktop gets empty. Locate the folder on your harddisk where you have installed ARCserve 2000 and right click the folder. In the share section you will find the share name ARCserve$. Add the following members with the mentioned rights to the permission list: Administrators - Full Control, Backup Operators - Change, (the user account you have choosen during install for to use with ARCserve 2000 - Full Control). Change the startup types of the ARCserve services to automatically. Close everything and reboot. ARCserve should work just fine.

regards, dave marton

Hi Dave,

Thanks again for the help. This worked like a charm and has since resolved our problems. It seems that someone at Arcserve Tech Support finally gave me the same answer you did after I placed a Severity 1 call at 1 AM :)

Thanks Again,

Darryl Brambilla
EDS Canada
Calgary, AB

Im having the same error, but its when i try and repair an installation. The database has become corrupt and i think only re-installing it will work...But i thought i would try a repair first. Any ideas?

How to replace the old VLDB database with a new one. faq478-5627

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back