Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internal CDR

Status
Not open for further replies.

cliffa

IS-IT--Management
Oct 1, 2002
GB
Hi All, I have a small problem. We have a helpdesk line on which I'd like to record all incoming (external & internal) calls. I have changed the cls to ICDA on the prime TN, & CDR incoming on Routes however, if the line is answered at another set (via a key appearance) I cannot see the call in the cdr data for that line.

Cliffa

I think I would try to activate the ICDA in the CLS on all the phones that the prime TN's Help Desk number appears on. That might do it? I run into the same problem occasionally when running a report through our call accounting system (INFORTEL) for windows. Probably won't hurt much to give it a shot.

Thanks for the quick response. I changed it some other sets, which have that line. Then made a call to the helpdesk line, answered it on one of them, and still cannot see any cdr data (on either DN)

Regards, Cliffa

If you have spare tty turned the CRD on for that TTY, make the test call and check the data in real time to see if the record has been generated.

At a previous job I learned that a phone call appears in CDR as a record for the DN on the home key of the phone answering the call. This came up when it looked like some secretaries with three or four other appearances on their phones were making (or answering) several hundred phone calls a month. All those other lines they were answering generated records for their own DN, which was on the home key.

We have the same thing with our help desk line. We never answer it with the phone that has it on the home key. We always answer it from our own phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back