Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internal Calls with gateway

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlange23

Technical User
Jan 20, 2005
US
I have a option 61c with a vegastream gateway connected. I can call external local and LD, but internal calls will not go through.

Internal calls will ring on the destination phone for a brief second and caller id is shown and then disappears.

Any direction would be helpful, Thanks in Advance.

An internal call would never touch the gateway. Internal is you calling another phone, say to the next desk.

In any event, the gateway connects to the PBX somehow - how is that?

[©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] A Variety of Free Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators

A call on a softphone would need to be transferred to a 2616 or be able to call to an internal number. The only way is through the gateway through the pri.

Maybe if you do a call trace in LD80, it would reveal something.

You may need to be tracing the channel on the PRI to see the call.

LD 80
.TRAC LL CC (Loop + Channel of PRI)

[©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] A Variety of Free Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators

Ooops

LD 80
.TRAD LL CC (Loop + Channel of PRI)

Need the "D" in TRAD

Thanks GHTROUT..

I tried it and the channel which I used (channel 1) said idle. How do I get it to trace for a few minutes so I can see the collasion of the call coming out of the voip voice manager.

Thanks

.entd 131 1 0100 dev <enter>

gotr <enter>

that cmd will trace loop 131 chnl 1 for 1 hour with detailed info.

Mato' Was'aka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back