Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internal caller ID shows on 1st ring, then goes away?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bogaard

IS-IT--Management
Sep 28, 2010
US
Any ideas on why the caller ID on an internal call goes away after the first ring. Phone keeps ringing but caller ID drops. The phones are 8410Ds Only happens on a couple of them. Rest are fine. I don't see any dif. in features between the working ones and the ones that disappear after first ring. Any help appreciated.

Swap a "good" one and a "bad" one and see if the issue follows the phone or the extension. Maybe there's a difference in vintage of the phone.

Are the working phones on a different circuit board?

All the 8410s are on the same card. I took the working one and swapped it with the non working one and it showed ID all the way through ring cycle. Problem solved, right. Had to be something with the phone. Then I plugged the bad one into the other port and it now works. Doesn't seem to make sense that problem comes and goes. Oh well, working now. So much for logic. Thanks for the input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back