Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internal autodial status keys (DSS) Problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I got called out to a site for a problem with a T7316 that had buttons programmed for internal autodial so the user could see if so and so was on the phone. The top 3 rows, 6 buttons, where setup with people and were working great, however 3 people set on the lower half of the buttons would not work. I then setup those 3 people on 2 other phones, a m7324, and a M7208 and they could not see the 3 the poeple as well. The phones that cannot be seen are 7208's but other 7208 in the office work fine. I moved the 3 people up on the original T7316 to the top 3 rows and still nothing. I tried the same config back in the office and it worked perfect.

System is a old 8X24 DR5

ANyone see this before?

Are you sure you have the proper DN`s on those buttons. The reason I ask is I had a similar problem where someone went in and named an ext with an incorrect DN #. Ie the real ext 225 was named 239. Of course 239`s button wouldn`t light up in use. The version I had the trouble on, only showed the name on a button inquiry, not the DN. I just went in to Set Names and corrected the problem, after some serious head scratching. BTW, you won`t get a busy indicator on a 7208.

Schlum

Perhaps:

a. Go into Maint and make sure the DN and ports are default (same);
b. In Maint reset (disable/enable) the ports;
c. Reset system; and
d. If small set up, do a start up and reprogram all over. (eccccch).

PhM

schlum,

I tested the autodial button which wont give an indicator and it works perfect as a autodial, to the right phone. SO no luck there unfortunatly.

Arr,

I switched the port on the original phone but did not do anything to the ones that wont show up. I did try a reset while I was there and the problem didn't dissappear. Will try to disable ports on next visit to see if that will clear it up.

Thanks for the help guys.

I have heard that there are some problems with the release one of the 7316's, have you tried 1.)another 7316 (preferably with the release two) 2.) the telephone self test sequence Feature 8 0 5. JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

I tried the f805, invalid feature, really old level of software.

The 7316 isn't the only phone that wont show the status.

The phones that dont show are m7208 rev7. Other m7208 rev7's in the office will show up.

Its really strange.

Have you tried swapping the 7208 that does get the indicator to show with the one that doesn`t, with/without set relocate on. At least you can isolate the problem to the phone, switch, or potentially the jack. Possibly try changing the DN (along with your autodial) on the non indicating set, to see if it may be DN related. Unlikely, but you seem to be down to a few straws so why not.

Schlum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back