Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internal and External ring pattern with 1400 Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpisano

Programmer
Jul 26, 2010
US
Is there anyway to set the ring pattern in IP office between Internal and External calls? All our calls sound the same?

See all sorts of options for analog extensions and some mention of two short tones but not specifically about Digital handsets and the Non-Partner version.

Just upgraded to R6(14) and hoped that it would fix it, now I hope one of you master IP office guru's have a cheat :)

Thanks,
Mike

They are different, you need to listen very carefully.
An external transferd call will always ring external.
This can not be changed unfortunatly.
Also try different ring paterns, on the extension itself. Some sound better internal vs external.

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged

You need to listen better.
There is a difference in the ringtone.

One is just one tone and the other has multiple tones.
I agree there should be more difference in it.

Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum

honey, i fried the IP Office !!!

Sarcasm, it's only one of the services I offer.

You Are both correct - they are the different and they are real close in sound, just the length of the ring is shorter

we are coming from a older merlin system where internal calls were just a tone, not a ring.

Any way to use a completely different tone for internal, or it only based on duration?

I also dont see anyway to set the phone sound options via manager

Thanks Again,
Mike

not on the IPO I am afraid

Joe W.

FHandw., ACSS

insanity is just a state of mind

Thanks For this one too Joe.

Such a great platform, Can only hope for more features and options as more V2\R6 releases come out.

Mike

R6.1 goes into trial soon and then I hear that R7 is lingering around the corner too.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACSS

insanity is just a state of mind

In release 6 under the system-->telephony tab there is a drop down box to set the internal/external/ringback ringtones to any of the available options.

Anyone know whats coming in R7? Is it just more Nortel integration stuff? Anything cool? (not to hijack this thread or anything!)

riddle - oh yeah, now I look at the option I can see that clearly is shown on the page.

There is, I think, a standard de facto: external call - continous ring, internal call - ring with a pause.
I called dealer support and asked an explanation.
They told me that external ring are not configurable.
This for me is a bug. Even customers say there is something wrong.

This has been a pet hate for many people for a few years now and for reasons best known to Avaya they refuse to see it as an issue and they insist they are distinctive enough already, as such they have not and are unlikely to change it any time soon :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back