Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internal 4 digit

Status
Not open for further replies.

ethereal112

Technical User
Aug 7, 2006
US
My SIP trunk is not recognizing 4 digits back to the Cisco Call Manager, I have to dial 7 digits. Tried changing digits allowed on Call Manager but I loose something in the transition. Dialing 7 digits would be fine, but I have 3 different prefixes and it doesnt recognize one of them. I have 4 digit 2-7, any help would be appreciated! thanks

So if I understand you correctly, if you dial 4 digits from Elastix, the Call Manager does not route the call, you have to dial 7 digits? Is this for extension to extension calling?

Yes, 7 digits across. From Elastix 4 digit to Call Manager 4 digit would be great. I can allow 4 digits across through the SIP trunk on Call Manager, which allows me to do 4 digit, but I cant dial out. If I add more allowable digits, 4 digit dialing disappears.

Well after some time, I went a head and just added the prefix in front of the internal DID's across to the Call Manager. The prefix that I couldnt reach is a remote PBX and just added the long distance string before the 4 digits. Only way it could work. Any other ideas? if not this will suffice for now.

I have done this on Asterisk <> Asterisk without a problem, nothing special as long as number plan is exact, i.e. 1XXX site number 1, 2XXX, site number 2, etc.
Does Call Manager have a trace utility so you can watch as the call goes between the two?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back