Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Intermittently Call Pilot will not answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

whirls86

IS-IT--Management
Apr 18, 2006
US
I have a problem that happens intermittently. If a phone that is forwarded to VM is called the Call Pilot should pick-up after the first ring. My problem is that if a that is forwarded and is called why does it take 4 rings before Call Pilot answers? This does not happen all the time. I have made numerous calls to different phones that are forwarded to make sure I "hit" each vm port. All ports pick-up. It even happens when you try to access vm to check your messages.

If you have more concurrent calls than there are voice mail ports, CP will not answer until a port becomes available.

Call volume is generally the reason for delayed answer on anything.

~~~
[small] [©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] A Variety of Free Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators [/small]

We have 10 ports and there hasn't been an instance where they are all in use. It'll happen when they are all
"idle".

What server platform and S/W release do you have?

War Eagle!
Lions Baseball '09!

server platform - 201i
S/W rel 5.00

I had a client experience the same problem yesterday on a 1005r on Release 5. I watched the channel monitor as I hammered it with test calls. I couldn't determine that a single port was faulty as all of them answered but sometimes I would get ringing for about 4 rings until it answered. We performed a full shutdown of the server and then restarted it. I hammered it with test calls again after it came up and didn't experience the problem anymore. You might try that and see what happens.

War Eagle!
Lions Baseball '09!

Make sure your ports are configured right in the call pilot. The scn phone number must be right or some crazy thing will happen.

Also make sure all of the ports are logged in by doing a stat in ld 32 on the card slot.

All the ports are logged in. Below is one of the TNB printouts for one of the ports. Is there anything that may send up a "red" flag.

DES CPILOT
TN 008 0 08 00
TYPE 2008
CDEN 8D
CTYP XDLC
CUST 0
ERL 0
FDN
TGAR 1
LDN NO
NCOS 1
SGRP 0
RNPG 0
SCI 0
SSU
XLST
SCPW
CLS UNR FBD WTA LPR MTD FND HTD ADD HFD
MWD LMPN RMMD SMWD AAD IMD XHD IRD NID OLD VCE DRG1
POD DSX VMD MMA SLKD CCSD SWD LND CNDD
CFTD SFD MRD DDV CNID CDCA MSID DAPA BFED RCBD
ICDD CDMD LLCN MCTD CLBD AUTU
GPUD DPUD DNDD CFXD ARHD FITD CNTD CLTD ASCD
CPFA CPTA ABDD CFHD FICD NAID BUZZ AGRD MOAD AHD
DDGA NAMA
DRDD EXR0
USMD USRD ULAD RTDD RBDD RBHD PGND OCBD FLXD FTTC DNDY DNO3 MCBN
CDMR MCDD T87D PKCH
CPND_LANG ENG
HUNT
PLEV 02
DANI NO
SPID NONE
AST
IAPG 0
AACS YES
ACQ AS: TN
ASID 17
SFNB 1 2 3 5 6 9 10 11 12 13 15 16 17 18 19 21 22 23
SFRB
USFB 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
CALB 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
FCTB
ITNA NO
DGRP
PRI 01
MLWU_LANG 0
DNDR 0
KEY 00 ACD 2005 0 2031
AGN
01 SCN 2041 0 MARP
CPND
NAME CPILOT_1
XPLN 8
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
02 MSB
03 NRD
04 TRN
05 AO3
DATE 7 APR 2006

Looks correct. Now go into Config Wizard and go into Switch Configuration. Make sure all of the Key 0 and Key 1 numbers match your TN programming. Once verified, cancel out of Config Wizard.

Also, does your server have PEP SU04S and associated PEPs? I understand SU05S is out now but I have read other posts that it doesn't work well with Symposium.

War Eagle!
Lions Baseball '09!

Checked switch configuration in Config Wizard and Key 0 and Key 1 match what's in the PBX. The CP server also has PEP SU04S

I recommend a shutdown of the server and reseat it. Test thoroughly after it comes back up.

War Eagle!
Lions Baseball '09!

Will do. Thanks for everyone's help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back