Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Intermittent X-ref problem with figures in FM 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdvp

Technical User
Jun 17, 2016
US
Hello. Hoping I'm posting this in the right place. Had a hard time locating a FrameMaker-titled group in the hierarchy.

In unstructured FM 12, I have a book containing 3 chapters and a total of 37 figure cross-references internal to the book. (I also have x-refs to chapters and headings, but they're not the problem.) All the figure refs were done in the same way, using the exact same tag and format combination, yet 13 of the 37 links simply do not work in the PDF file.

The bad links are in two of the three chapters, but not all links within either of those chapters are bad. The bad links are spread across 12 different pages. At least two pages contain both bad and good links.

The bad links don't show up as unresolved x-refs; they simply do not link. No error messages appear. I've tried re-doing those links--some of them multiple times--but that did not help. Also re-created the PDF file several times. That also did not help.

Anyone seen this? Any suggestions for fixing the problem? All help greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

MDVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back