Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Intermittent Web Page Hang

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrJamos

Programmer
May 14, 2002
GB
Hi,

I have a very strange intermittent hang. Have done lots of
reading on this site and MSDN, but haven't seen a problem like this one. I click on a button on my web site that will
basically submit the form, navigate to the next ASP page, and then call some COM+ object to do it's job. Most times it works without a hitch. Sometimes, the browser just sits there with the little globe spinning, although the CPU usage shows 0%. I let it sit there for over 40 minutes to see if it would give me an error when it happened this time, and it just sat there. If I re-click the button, all works fine, so IIS is NOT hanging.

I can also open the site in another browser just fine even when the other one is still hanging.

This is driving us mad and I'd really appreciate it if anyone has come across this problem and could give me some ideas.

Thanks,
James

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back