Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Intermittent Volume Issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpathetiq

MIS
Dec 23, 2003
US
I've got a Nortel BCM system with the main BCM using a PRI. We have 9 remote BCMs. The main BCM is running CallPilot. I am having issues with certain calls being of too low of a volume for the CallPilot to recognize. Here's an example...

Caller calls in on a 10 digit # 987.654.3210.
This comes into our PRI at our main BCM (at our adminstration building.)
The BCM sends the call out to the remote location (our community center extension 6400.)
The user at the community center transfers the caller to another location (parks & rec headquarters ext 6303.)
If the user at the P&R HQ picks up, the call continues as normal, but if the user is not there, the call gets sent back to the main BCM to CallPilot.
Intermittently (but more often than not), the caller begins to leave a message and the lovely CallPilot woman comes on to say that the caller is not speaking loud enough 2 times and then disconnects the call.

Because of the intermittancy, I have a problem believing that it's a programming issue. Also, this problem only seems to occur at the P&R HQ, no other buildings (as of yet.)

Any ideas?

what are you using for tie? ip or tdm and doyou have any low vol station to station?

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back