Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Intermittent Uncontrolled Looping

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTekMedia

Programmer
Oct 5, 2001
US
I'm posting this for a friend:

Hi all, I'm having a ridiculous problem with my Flash project. The project runs just fine 90% of the time, but every so often it starts to loop uncontrollably. I've stared at the code all weekend and am at a complete loss as to what the problem is.

I'm using Flash CS4/Actionscript 2

I have a base movie, Launch.swf... it uses the following code to load a movie (timeline.swf) into a created movieclip called "movie1holder"

Code:
this.createEmptyMovieClip("movie1holder",1);
movie1holder.loadMovie("timeline.swf");
timeline.swf loads fine, and plays out through 4 scenes. On the 3rd scene, the animation ends with two buttons, one to go back to the 1st scene of timeline.swf and a second to continue to the 4th scene which loads another movie (windows.swf) called "pictureholder" with the following code:

Code:
this.createEmptyMovieClip("pictureholder",2);
pictureholder.loadMovie("windows.swf");
Now, like I said, this works fine 90% of the time... however every so often the movie plays to the 3rd scene of timeline.swf and quickly jumps to the 4th scene, and then jumps to the loaded window.swf movie, and then jumps to the first frame of timeline.swf... continuing to loop uncontrollably, and ignoring any stop actions along the way.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. You can see the movie here, although it might take awhile to replicate the problem:

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back